Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pumpkin Patch, Austin Style

 I had wanted to go to the pumpkin patch in the afternoon.
I am awfully glad my friend Anuhba mentioned that it would be hot.
It was.
And we had decided on 10 AM.
We did something different.
We headed down to Barton Hills farm, somewhere around Elgin and Bastrop.
We usually do Sweet Berry Farms, but we thought we would go rogue and try something different.
It was good, but I still prefer the festival at Sweet Berry Farms.


 I liked this photo. 
I have a bunch of just Meagan and Natalie, or just Matthew and Natalie, but not Meagan and Matthew very often.

 They had a small petting zoo of goats.
They were pretty cute.
 On the website we saw the word "pony."
Well, this wasn't quite what we expected, but Meagan and Natalie liked it anyway.
Matthew wanted the hugest one and lectured the boy running the activity about why he should give Matthew one.  Well, the boy who worked there was correct, of course. 
 They had an enormous sandbox that was shaped like a boat.
Chaarvi, Natalie and Matthew loved it.
I wish we had spent more time there, actually.
We stopped at a barbeque joint on the way home named Fitties.
Interesting name and interesting little window you went up to in order to order.
It was actually excellent, or at least the chicken was.
I haven't really been eating very much meat lately, but this was worth it.
Chaarvi and Natalie riding their "ponies."
Notice Matthew sullenly walking around with his "too small" pony in the background!

No comments: