Thursday, October 22, 2009

On Becoming A Mother (again!)










I feel so lucky to be holding my sweet little boy, Matthew Colin Greenstone. He is 5 lbs 13 oz. and 18 inches, a little guy. It feels different this time, not as frantic and crazy as when the girls were born. I am determined to slow down, appreciate him, and love on him since this is most definitely the last little one in our home. Yesterday was a roller coaster ride. He was induced due to low fluid levels, but because of his size we had to be a little bit more careful than in the past. I am one stubborn mama, and I delivered him without one bit of pain medicine, something that I am extremely proud of, yet realize was not the easiest route. His heart rate went down into the 60s and 70s several times, so I was limited to bed...not the easiest way to handle active/transistion labor. I did it though! I had him at 3:36 PM, 8 hours after beginning. By far this was my longest labor.
My girlies visited yesterday right after Matthew was born. They seem a little overwhelmed, but excited. They could not understand why I could not just come home with them right then, but they are enjoying the special time with their uncles and Grandma Lois/Papa Joe.

3 comments:

Deb said...

So precious Sharon. I do hope you enjoy your moments with him. Your girls are going to be such little helpers for you. I love you and miss you.

Sarah said...

Holy crap. (pardon my language)
You were induced and didn't have any help for pain?? I was induced with Addison and I don't think I could have EVER done that! Bravo to you, Sharon!
Matthew Colin is perfect and Mike and I are so happy for you!
Congratulations!!

Mrs. Lott said...

I bow to your pain tolerance! Sharon, he's so beautiful! I'm so happy for you--enjoy it all slowly like you said. I understand now what it means when people say "it goes so fast"!