Saturday, October 4, 2008

Some awesome music!

Certainly I am not unique in the belief that music can evoke a lot of memories. Tonight, though, I am amazed at quite how true that is. Andy and I went to see Jackopierce at a wonderful venue; we saw them at the Cactus Cafe. The reason that this venue is so teriffic is that it is tiny! It is a small bar/cafe inside of the Texas Union on the UT campus. They do not even have a backstage so we were able see them warming up, tuning, etc. They even had brough Cary Pierce's eight year old son.
When I was in college at the University of Kansas, Jackopierce was extremely popular. They were often in Lawrence, playing in venues much larger than the one that we saw them in tonight. Andy and I saw them together several times, both in Dallas at Trees and in Lawrence at the Bottleneck. My friends and I went even more times, always singing along and having a blast watching the two of them. Shortly after I moved from Kansas, they broke up. I was pretty sure that I would not ever see them together again, so I bought tickets the second that I saw they were avaliable. I was not disapointed!
Peter and Mary were the best babysitters. We were fairly sure that the girls would be awake when we got home a few minutes ago, but they managed to get them to go to bed. I think all of the time at the park helped. The girls are going to want us to leave them more often!
Earlier today we went with Garret and Mayme to a local festival with a great name, the Hairy Man Festival. You just can't beat that name. And yes, they do have a hairy man contest, but no, we were not interested in watching that.

No comments: