Sunday, May 4, 2008

Love early May!








Early May in Austin usually ushers in my least favorite thing: heat. For a girl who has lived in Texas the vast majority of my life, I really, really hate it. Granted, I don't love cold weather either. But, I would rather have it be a tiny bit cold than a tiny bit hot. I whine like there is no tomorrow. But, this year it is phenomonal! I love it. It is 76 or so, not terribly humid, and we took advantage. We spent a decent amount of time outside yesterday, and today we went to Central Market. If you aren't from Texas, Central Market is a store for people who love food. Therefore, it is for Andy and I. In addition, they have a great playground that the girls adore. Uncle Brian G. met us down there and the girls played for a long time. I went inside to get stuff to make dinner, which took wayyyyy too long. But that is Central Market on a Sunday, and I should expect it.
Andy is going in a little bit to Toys R Us. We are getting a neat playhouse that we saw online for the girls. Somehow, as the years have progressed, our tiny little saplings that we planted in the backyard have grown to respectful sized trees, so we have shade!
Unfortunately, my speaker for my National Junior Honor society Induction on Tuesday was arrested. Yes, arrested. He was caught driving drunk, so now we are having some candidate for the State House of Representatives come speak. Perfect end for my crazy week last week.


No comments: