Monday, January 20, 2014

Sweet Memory

A few weeks ago Andy's parents had to put their dog Mookie down.  It was a long fought battle with cancer, and she just couldn't do it anymore.  It was sad for everyone.  Sandi sent me this picture and it brings tears to my eyes.  The dog on the right is Mookie, and the dog on the left is my Pokie.  I have loved all of my dogs, but Pokie was extra special to Andy and I.  She was our baby before we had any human babies and she was a huge part of our year in Colorado.  We took her everywhere, not that she was usually very eager to go on our adventures.  :)  She was happier just like this, all comfy on a couch.  She did love our favorite park in Boulder, so there was that. I miss her all the time.  Peanut, our last dog who was Pokie's sister, is not doing very well.  We have been giving her lots of extra hugs.  She doesn't have any diagnosis, but she is very lethargic and has lost weight.  We have her on antibiotics now and are hoping the vet has good news in February when we go for her well-dog appointment.

No comments: