Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Meagan Alyssa, Age 10

 About 2 weeks old, wearing preemie clothes
Daddy's girl.

Papa Joe's girl too.

And sweet Barni.

The day Meagan came home from the hospital, taken by Uncle Brian L.

Her very first vacation.  It was to Atlantis, in the Bahamas. 

19 months with the horsie that Uncle Brian G bought to distract her from her new baby sister that was coming home in a few days.  She loved both the horse and her sister. :)

Best friends forever.  She just turned three and Nati was about 18 months.

Still best friends 6 years later....age 9.

The best big sister to both Natalie and Matthew.
 
 
Ten years ago at this very second I was deep in labor.  Meagan was born at 10:04, about an hour from now.  I was both scared and elated at the idea of finally becoming a mommy.  You see, Meagan was a dream since Andy and I met at age 18 and 19.  And then, for a long time after that because I struggled for a long time to get pregnant.  It was worth it.  Meagan is a typical tween.  She tests her boundaries and can be sassy.  However, her heart is big and full. I adore watching her grow and learn.  She is a spectacular writer and reader, and I get to say that because I see it every day.  Math, well, she isn't a fan.  Meagan, though, is an artist.  She is a fantastic artist and dancer.  She loves to sing as well and rocks the Frozen soundtrack.  She loves her sister, brother and Andy and I more than anything in the world.  She happily shares a room with Nati and loves to teach Matthew new lessons.  Of course, her current obsession is her new lizard, Claws.  Well, that and One Direction. :)
  She is getting an unexpected day off today due to ice.  We will relax and enjoy my amazing daughter.

 

No comments: