Monday, January 20, 2014

Finally! Some pictures!!

Gorgeous, gorgeous weather called for a last minute trip downtown to go paddleboating.  Well, we sort of did it Griswald style.  They told us there that we could get all 5 of us on one "Swan" paddleboat.  Um, yeah, not so much.  We did it, but it was hilarious.  Every time I paddled I had to lift Matthew up with my leg because that was exactly where he has sitting, or at least the half of him that was not perched on Meagan's lap, much to her chagrin.  We did have fun though and then walked around the 2nd St area for a bit as well.  Matthew posed with Willie Nelson at the statue down near city hall very proudly even though he had no clue who Willie was.  Andy and I saw him in concert back in 2005 at the (old) Backyard.  He was amazing.




Natalie got a special award from her teacher.  It is a Stallion Pride award, which means you are a good citizen.  I want my kids to do well in school, I really do.  However, when it comes down to it, there is nothing more important than always trying your hardest and just being a good person.  This is the second year in the row that Natalie has received this award, in addition to the Stallion Star awards that are given weekly.  Both girls show so much heart at school and I am very proud of them for it.

No comments: