Tuesday, July 10, 2012

City by the Bay

I won't go crazy and start quoting Train, who apparently love San Fransisco as much as I do.  This is my second visit in less than a year and I feel lucky to get to go.  It never gets old.  It is beautiful, it is cool, 2 of my favorite Brians live there (and I know a lot!), and I love showing it off to my children.  Meagan and Natalie are coming with me this time since they stayed home last time.  I can't wait to take them to the places that they last went to when they were very young.  I also want to wipe out my memories tying SF to Natalie's God-awful seizure that she experienced there the last time she went there.  This time will be filled with happy memories, lots of time with their uncles, hanging out with cousin Becky and getting to see the Brians' beach house out near Sonoma for the first time. Of course, I have places that I have to eat at.  I have to get Indian Pizza (I haven't seen it anywhere else.  An Indian restaurant bought out a pizza place and they make the most amazing pizza!), get gelato (there are a lot of yummy choices), and spend quality time at Trader Joe's which still won't be in Austin for a year or so.  Natalie has an addiction to freeze dried Mangos (yeah, they sound weird, but they are tasty!) so she is excited to finally go to see where we buy them for her.  It is the little things. :)  Neither girls are excited about the 5:15 wake up call that they are going to be getting and Meagan informed we that she plans on sleeping in her clothes, including Jeans, tshirt, shoes, the works.  Not too sure about that plan, but I am hoping we can get out of here smoothly and that it isn't raining too hard. Of course, the one week that I am going to the winter temperatures (they really are our winter temps in Austin) of SF, it is only going to be in the high 80s here.  Oh well.  I had better get ready for bed because that alarm clock will be ringing soon....

No comments: