Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oddly enough, a plug for Waco!

 

 


After Andy's unfortunate 3 years (and my one year) in Waco, it is surprising to see us waxing poetically about Waco, TX, home of....well, home of....the Dr. Pepper Museum, Baylor University which granted my wonderful husband his doctorate, one of my sweet friends (who has actually given a tremendous amount of time and love to the zoo), and the great Cameron Park Zoo. Cameron Park Zoo is a lovely, small zoo set in bamboo and lush trees. The animals are held in cages that don't always look like cages, which I think is a major pro for any zoo. It is just small enough for my kids to be able to walk it on their own, but big enough that they don't get bored. It rained while we were there, but luckily they have some covered areas and indoor exhibits, so we ran from one to the other. I highly recommend my fellow Austinites jumping in the car for the quick drive up there just for the zoo. Then, you can come home to our wonderful, liberal, non-typical Texas city.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: