Sunday, May 31, 2009

Not my normal post

I don't normally put my opinions on here, other than my presidental choice, of course. However, today has made me very sad. Dr. George Tiller, a physican in Wichita, Kansas, was murdered as he served as an usher at his church this morning. I have always been a pro-choice person, something that my parents, religion, and friends always were open minded about. In college I was in the same sorority as Dr. Tiller's daughter, Krista. I believe that Dr. Tiller was not a murderer; he was trying to help women who could not get that help from anyone else. There are many people out there who believe that being pro-choice means being pro-abortion. In fact, that is often not true. I do not think that abortion is right, but I do not feel that I have the right to tell other couples what to do with their lives. I am so sorry that I am seeing this day. Dr. Tiller died in the ultimate hypocrisy- murdering someone because you don't believe in murdering someone. It just is wrong.

No comments: