Sunday, August 17, 2008

The pledge by Sara Hickman

Sara Hickman is my new very very very favorite Austin performer! She has created a wonderful collection of music, but I most adore her childrens' music.
These are the lyrics to a song (song used loosely...it is really more just a reading) on her CD, Big Kid. I highly recommend all of her kid's CDs. Newborn has some lovely lullabies and silly tunes.
The Pledge by Sara Hickman
I pledge allegiance to my family
and to the love that created me
I promise to honor and respect my liberties at hand
And all that is wondrous in each of us.
To listen, and to be listened to
To help, and ask for help in return
To right wrongs
To be a friend
And to recognize that each and every child is deserving of love, shelter, education, healthy food,freedom from terror and fear
and an entire life of liberty and justice for all.

I think it is pretty darn awesome.

No comments: