Sunday, March 9, 2008

Trying this again!

This is not the first time that I have tried to be a blogger. I have friends who are also very busy who manage to successfully post updates every once in a while, so I am going to make an effort. I am happily married to my college sweetheart, Andy. I am the mom of two lovely little girls, 4 year old Meagan, and 2 year old Natalie. They are 19 months apart. This was a "Surprise." Everyone seems to be impressed that we are still alive and kicking after dealing with two under the age of two, but we are.
Meagan is usually pretty mellow. She is very proud of all that she is learning now at school. She has always been desperately shy, but she is getting somewhere with that. Although she still struggles with new situations, she is able to make and maintain friendships. She adores Dora, Elmo, and little things. In case you are wondering what little things are, they are terrible, awful, hated things that have taken over our home. Usually they go by the name "Polly Pocket", but whatever their name, they drive me nuts. I am talking about the dolls that have shoes tinier than an ant. Pain in the butt, but she loves them.
Natalie is our little princess. She has struggled very hard to get where she is, and we could not be any prouder of her. She was labeled at about 10 months with hypotonia, which essentially means low muscle tone. She is cognitively right on track, but was signifigantly behind physically. Crawling came at 14 months, and walking finally happened at 21 months. It was beautiful. Natalie also loves Elmo. Actually, she pretty much likes anything that Meagan does. That means that when we get into the car she also yells "Hannah!", meaning I need to instantly turn off what I am listening to and listen to Hannah Montana. Wonder where she got that? She also spends a great deal of her time trying to resist potty training. We love her independent spirit.
I am also the mom of three (yes, three) not so smart dogs. We do love them anyway.
I am in my 9th year of teaching. Currently I am an inclusion teacher in a middle school here in Austin. Most days I like my job, but I do have bad days. Teenagers know how to do that to you- and so do parents!

No comments: