Sunday, July 13, 2014

Aloha, Mahalo, and a whole lot of Hawaii

I have a new Chromebook.
I really do not have it mastered, to say the least.
I do not know how to see the picures before I start uploading them.
So, you will have to read the captions. 
I will take you all over the island of Oahu.
And to San Francisco.
Sometimes in between each other.
You see, the kids were in San Francisco.
We were in Hawaii, on the island of Oahu.
The village of Ko Olina, to be specific.
Amazing seems trite.
It really was.
Above, you can see Mr. and Mrs. Pineapple.

And these are my feet.
Happy feet.

Yeah.  I warned you.
This is the Castro.  
Andy and I took a stroll there on Saturday before we came home.
Oh, how I love San Francisco.


A pineapple again.

A plate full of happiness.  The fruit rocked in Hawaii.

Hopefully there are human rights everywhere, but this is the Castro.  This store is the site of Harvey Milk's photo store.  
 This was our first night in Ko Olina.
I was getting an ice tea at Starbucks.
Because, of course, they had a Starbucks.
This is the view.
Not bad.

 We went to Pearl Harbor.
We are glad we did it, but it takes forever.
This is the actual memorial over the USS Arizona.
It is touching and lovely.
 Andy read a book on this trip.
Okay, you may say.
A book.
We have been together nearly 21 years, married for 15. 
I have never seen him read a book for fun.
He read 11/22/63, which has over 800 pages.
Quite a way to jump in.
He actually loved it.
We got a Camaro.
A convertible.
We are pretty awesome. 
 So, we were supposed to stay in Waikiki for 3 days.  When we got to the 400$ Sheraton, this is what we saw.
It had the added perk of reeking of cigarette smoke.
$400.
I lost it.
I called Expedia and got it refunded.
We went back to the JW Marriot in Ko Olina.
So thankful.
 Meanwhile, Matthew became a dog.
Matthew and Natalie cuddled on the bench the morning before Andy and I went to Honolulu.

 One of my favorite places.
This tree was at the Ilolani Palace, the only true palace in the 50 States.
 Matthew fell asleep on his Uncle Brian.
I got to chill with the gigantic tree too.

No comments: