Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Few More of California

We have been settling back into life in Austin.
Not too eagerly, to be honest.
I miss Hawaii. 
I really do.
I am sad that I didn't get to spend my usual time in San Francisco.
Going to book myself a ticket next summer if not sooner.
Work is looming right around the corner.
I actually go back to professional development very soon.
Bummer.
Next week the girls are off with me.
We are going to do some back to school shopping with Jan and my mom.
Also, we want to do a few playdates.
A few more pictures from the kids' trip to San Francisco:
 I love these plants.  
We can grow really neat things here in Austin, but the temperate enviornment in SF produces cool things like this plant.
 I had to buy this.  
It is President Obama surfing.  He grew up in Hawaii, as everyone knows, and goes there with his family.
Actually, not everyone knows that he grew up in Hawaii.  Some people think he is from Africa or something.  Maybe Indonesia.
But those people are dumb, so I won't talk too much about them.
 It is kind of a goofy likeness of him, but I think that was why I had to buy it.
 Brian D spent time with Meagan showing her how to cook some basic things.  She got really into it.  Here they were making some chicken veggie soup.
Matthew really liked the tram that you take to go from rental cars to the gates.  
I guess he felt grown up.  He really acted grown up too!
The process of getting the rental car when we first arrived was painful, to say the least.
It took forever and then forever again.

 Here they are working.
Total goofy picture, but it was the only photo I got of the candy Leis before they got eaten.  
Yes.
I got candy leis for the kids.
Well, let's be honest.
Those are the kinds that I like best.
Plus, we went to a grocery store in Waipahu and they were in sale.
Or, that is how I sold them to Andy. 
:)

No comments: