Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The imagination of a toddler

 I have always found it funny that children will play for hours with a plain brown box.  Forget all the toys in the room; I have a box!  Today Natalie took a box that a dress arrived in and made it into a "rocket ship."  Matthew insisted on making a cave complete with pillow and blankets.  Not sure what kind of rocketship this is, but he likes it.  Today he came home very proudly showing off the imprint of another child's teeth on his arm.  We had to sign an incident report.  Not sure what the story is yet.  Other people have had to sign incident reports due to our little guy.  Boys are so different than girls, although his friend who bit him (if he is to be believed :) is a girl. 
In other news, tomorrow is my last day of freedom.  Yes, I am returning to work already.  I have throughly enjoyed this summer although I haven't done most things that I had planned on doing.  I feel ready to see everyone, but not ready for the back to school stuff.  I love meeting the kids, it is all of the planning part that is a bummer.  I have a new classroom to set up and a brand new (other than one other former 6th grade teacher who is also moving up) team of teachers to work with.  Scary, but a fun adventure anyway.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: