Thursday, August 30, 2012

One week (almost) done, and who knows how many more to go....

Meagan and Natalie are now offically third and first graders. It was very sad for me because it was the first time that I couldn't take them to their first day of school.  Last year, I didn't start work until September, so I was able to take them.  Thankfully, last year was the big Kindergarten year, so at least I didn't have to miss out on that milestone (not that I would.  Somethings are not to be missed.) Andy took them to their classes and got this cute photo on the way.  Both girls really like their teachers.  They also seem to like their Y group after school much better, which is one less thing for us to worry about.
My school is doing well as well.  It is actually a little bit weird that things have gone so smoothly, but I am taking it and running with it.  This was the easiest start to the year that I have ever had because I know each and every one of my students since I looped up from 6th grade to 7th grade.  Being back in 7th grade makes me miss my old buddies from "the other school." I actually really lucked out at a jobalike last week to get to hang out with several of them.  It was like I never left, just fell back into talking like we still see each other all the time.  Pretty cool.  I like my coworkers now too.  I am on a great team.  I was bummed out to move rooms, but I like my new roommates too.  All is good.  My friend Amber has a calendar with the amount of days left on it.  I think it is like 176 or something. :-)

No comments: