Sunday, August 21, 2011

August already!








The beginning of a new school year would not be the same if we didn't buy new shoes. We headed down to Sandy's shoes (which is now located next to the Walmart that has sadly replaced Northcross mall.) We tried on a million pair of shoes and none of them were "just right." Finally they found the much marketed Sketcher's Bella Ballerina shoes and it was love it first sight. I really prefered for Meagan to get white shoes considering the fact that it is 105 outside, but these were the ones that she wanted. As long as they were happy, I was happy.
We found all of the school supplies, even though I made the terrible sin of buying college ruled Composition notebooks rather than Wide Ruled (we went back and replaced them, of course!) We went to supply drop off and Natalie was excited to see the ever wonderful Ms. Erickson. Meagan and I both liked her teacher, Ms. Caldwell, who seemed super nice.
The Uncles Brian were in town this weekend for a wedding, so it was great to see them. They even bought Matthew a Longhorn (it is good to see that Brian L hasn't forgetten his Austin time!) sweatshirt to wear when we visit in less than a month. Knowing my luck, there will be some sort of odd heat wave and San Fransisco will have record high temperatures (yes, Rick Perry, there is such a thing as Global Warming. It is not a theory anymore.) I am crossing my fingers that I am wrong and I can enjoy a few lovely days in the 70s!
One more day until the whirlwind that is the school year begins. I fear that many tears will be shed as I watch my second child, my sweet little Natalie, head into Kindergarten. I feel very blessed to have had the extra year (her birthday is next month, so she is almost six) at her sheltered little world at Faith Montessori. We know that she has been given a terrific base from which to start from, so now she just needs to grow into all that she can be. Meagan has already shown me that she has a good head on her shoulders, makes good choices, and has a fun sense of humor. This year may be a little bit more difficult when it comes to subject matter and complexity, but she will do well. Matthew, who still has a few more weeks before he starts his two days a week preschool, should be rather interesting to see. I have tried to get him to nap on his little nap mat (which, in my opinion, is very comfy with it's little built in blanket and pillow,) but he stands up and wanders off. I can only picture him doing this when the teachers try to get him to go to sleep at naptime. My little lovebug will be such a little ham at school. When we picked Natalie up at school back in June, he would park his little rear end in one of the tiny preschool chairs and just waited for someone to talk to him. Actually, it looked like he was waiting to be fed, which is very likely. His first day at school will surely be another tear-filled day. More milestones every day....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: