Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So very thankful

A year has passed since our last Thanksgiving, and my life has changed so much. If you had told me last November that I would be sitting here with my sweet baby boy in my arms, I would have laughed. I am not working; teaching has been a big part of my life for ten years. My life is crazy. Andy and I are outnumbered and laundry piles up. Still, I am so happy. I am proud of what I have "survived" this year. I made it through a very rough pregnancy, watched my big girl go to kindergarten for the first time, endured a pain-medicine free 9 hour labor, and am successfully juggling all of my obligations...most of the time. I have realized over this year that I have much to be thankful for. My friends, family, and husband are wonderful. Really, really wonderful. No one told me to shut up and stop whining about my nausea, people volunteered to take my girls or cook us meals, and I do not take it for granted at all. I have learned a lot about quite a few things and as this year starts to wind down and we head into the holiday season, I am appreciating all that I have been given.

No comments: