Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thankful for the health of my little girls

Today Andy and I, with one last payment of $356.52, celebrate the end of the monthly payments to California Pacific Hospital (trust me, you don't even want to know the total- and that was WITH decent insurance!) Natalie has been seizure free for over 8 months and I am thankful for every single day. Both Andy and I will tell you that it is rare for us to go even one day without us saying, "Natalie! What are you looking at?" because we worry that she is staring off into the distance. I can not explain that panicky feeling and flipping over of my stomach when I think something may be wrong . It is terrifying. I have learned a lot through Natalie's little health crisises, but the most important lesson has been to appreciate my girls.

No comments: