Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Shameless, I know, but...


One day, when Meagan's political beliefs differ vastly from my own, she will be very mad at me for dressing her in political advertisements.
That being said, I feel like yesterday was a pretty important day. It doesn't even matter that much if you like Obama's beliefs. Our country took a big step; a step terribly overdue. It has always amazed me that countries that we look down upon as being backward or behind the times have already broken the gender barrier. Apparently our country was not quite ready for the gender barrier, but having a candidate for president who is African-American shows some progress.
I found his speech to be moving. Of course, I was the most excited when he brought up the point about NCLB (No Child Left Behind, pronounce "Nickel-B" in acronym-happy schools) being underfunded. Teachers all over the country are ready for a change when it comes to NCLB.
I am just ready for November to be here. Surely this is the longest election season ever.

No comments: