Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pictures tomorrow, but

wanted to write a bit tonight about the trip that Andy and I just went on. We went for the past 5 days to Washington DC. I know that is not the traditional getaway-from-the-kids type of holiday, but we love to go out and explore and see things. Inevitably, we end up bored at a beach type of place. We saw quite a bit. Some of the things we saw years ago as middle school age children, but they are way cooler when you aren't twelve. My favorite part was the Twilight tour we took of the monuments. Our tour guide was a great person to do the tour. He was this big ole guy, a former professional football player, and he told some good stories. Downtown looks amazing with all of the lighting. My favorite monuments, I think, are the Lincoln and the FDR.
Seriously, I wish I had a pedometer with me. I think we walked 10 miles some days!
I loved the energy there about the election. Obama gear seemed to be everywhere. Of course, I had to get a t-shirt. Luckily I live in Austin, because I don't think that would be a popular shirt in most of Texas.
More tomorrow. I am very tired.

No comments: