Friday, January 30, 2015

My Big Girl is 11!

Meagan is eleven.
That seems crazy to me.
I am pretty sure I start all birthday blog entries the same way.
It is, though, particularly hard to believe she is eleven.
This year has been one of tremendous growth for Meagan.
She has matured so much in school.
Her teacher definitely noticed, and since he has had her for two years, he knows.
She managed to get through the loss of her grandmother, who she loved very much.
She spoke at her funeral with poise.
Grandma Lois would have been proud of her for that and for many other things.
Dance is still huge for her.
We are hoping that we will be able to get a transfer for Meagan so that she can come to the middle school that I teach at and that many of her friends will be attending.
She does her middle school visit, actually, next week.
She is nervous to move on but excited as well.
I kind of feel the same way.
I am so proud of her compassion and big, big, heart.
She is loyal and kind.
She is beautiful and talented.
Happy birthday, Meagan Alyssa!

No comments: