Sunday, September 23, 2012

My smart little guy

Tucking Matthew into bed each night, or actually for nap for that matter, is always a challenge.  We go potty, read a million books, say goodnight to all of his friends in his school picture ("Goodnight Lunden, Goodnight Ms. Jorli, Goodnight Slade...."), cuddles, you name it.  Natalie read him a book tonight (that was awesome!  She is doing so well in reading) and I was ready to leave.  He said, "No, Mommy, don't leave.  You are my best friend."  Awwwwww.  I couldn't leave.  I read another book.  Or maybe three.
I went out to tell Andy this, all proud of myself, and when I did he informed me that Matthew told him at naptime that HE was Matthew's best friend.
Clever kid, huh?  I so love how quickly he has become very verbal.  It is fun to see.

No comments: