Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween fun!








Our kids had a blast on Halloween. Meagan was a pink lady from Grease, Natalie was Pinkalicous, a character from a very popular book, and Matthew was a green frog. Matty spent much of his time in the stroller, but he had fun none the less. We stopped by our old neighbors' house (they moved to another house in our neighborhood) and the kids took a photo together for old times sake. The boys' parents go ALL out decorating, so they are always a fun house to go to each year. Grandma Lois came over to hand out candy and make sure that Barni didn't have a nervous breakdown with all of the kids coming by. I am absolutely floored by how gorgeous the evening was for Trick or Treating. It was in the low 70s or high 60s the whole time we were out there. Granted, I despise our summers, but I treasure each and every moment of an Austin fall. We may not have the changing leaves ( I miss Lawrence this time of the year!), but we do have some beautiful sunshine and a nice breeze. We are still missing out on the rain, though. It is truly sad to see how desperate the city has become. We have had mandatory restrictions before on water usage; they have never enforced them before.
I am getting into the groove of working. I am still loving it. The kids are a lot of fun and the teachers are great to work with. It is hard to get out of the door each morning because of time restraints, but it isn't that different from when I was not working. Andy has been awesome about taking over taking Matthew to school and feeding him breakfast. Actually, he has been amazing all in all when it comes to helping me out now that I have less free time. He is loving his new built in grill, so he is grilling up a storm. That means less cooking for me! Love it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: