Thursday, September 1, 2011

Matthew's first day, part two

Well, first we tried to get some photos at home, but the one of him in the chair was all that I could manage. He kept on running up to me and yelling, "Huggie!" rather than posing :). Then, off to school we went. The first thing that he saw was a big bin of trucks and cars. The boy made a beeline to them! He was in seventh heaven. He also happily sat at the table, but you can see in the later photos, all of the other kids went over to the teacher for circle time. I sat him on my lap to encourage him to participate, but he was not so interested in circle time. He just walked right back on over to the amazing bin of trucks and cars. As I left, he was going through the box and eyeing the Montessori tools. He grinned at me as he left, and when I called to check on him (I said that I would wait until naptime, but I couldn't hold off and called at eleven of course) they said that he seemed a bit confused by the routine but that he wasn't crying! I am proud of my little guy. I got a little bit sad out in the parking lot after I left him, but my total confidence in the school made it so much easier for me. I know that before we know it, he will be doing circle time just like the other kids! I am so excited that at the end of the month, Ms. Maria, Natalie's teacher when she was in the toddler room, will be back from being with her little guy. Between her and Ms. Erica, the other teacher that Natalie had, Matthew is in good hands.

No comments: