Thursday, April 1, 2010

The demise of my router (or "my panic attack")

Yesterday my internet wouldn't work. I was sent into a rather pathetic mini-panic attack. What would I do without my computer? I realize how dependent I am upon it for virtually everything these days, from checking a phone number to blogging to my ever growing Facebook addiction. I sat on the phone with Time Warner for a long time trying to sort it out, but my dad was the one who figured out that it was the router, not the modem. I went and got a new router today, but of course I had to sit on the phone again with Time Warner for a half hour.
Yesterday was just that sort of day. Being the nice wife that I am :) I took Andy's Xterra in for an oil change and a new battery. They told me it would be an hour, so Matthew and I headed over to Starbucks for a good chocolate chip banana bread (surprisingly good, especially because it was "reduced fat") and hot chocolate (yes, it was 80, but I really like hot chocolate.) We came back ready to head home, but instead we sat there for over an hour more. Good times. I admit, some days I don't have MUCH more important things to do, but I can find something more important than watching the View and Kathy Lee Griffin on the late Today show at Firestone!
Tomorrow the girls are getting their much begged for trip to Chuck E. Cheese. I think I have posted before about how much I despise Chuck E. himself, as well as the crummy restaurant. However, my daughters love the place, so off we go. Luckily we are meeting some friends there, so hopefully it will be less painful.

No comments: