Saturday, March 20, 2010

Arts and Craps on a Cold (Spring?!?) Day


Meagan and Natalie call Arts and Crafts Arts and Craps. That is often a good name for it.
Could've fooled me that it is Spring! It sure doesn't feel like it with the cold 40 degree day that blew it's way into town early this morning. We have done quite a few things today, both productive and fun to try to stave off the boredom. The not so fun part was my running out to rent a Rug Doctor and Andy cleaned the high traffic areas. The carpets do look nice, though. The more fun parts included dying eggs. The high stress part of me doesn't like doing projects like this, but I remember dying eggs as a child and I really enjoyed it, so I pushed the Gold (teacher friends know what Gold personalities are) part away and let the Blue part of me do a messy project. For some reason a few of the colors acted funky, but the rest of them were good. Natalie cuddled the eggs like they were babies and Meagan liked the wax resistance crayon.
Natalie is ultra-obsessed with her Zhu Zhu pets. I will have to capture a photo of her with all (nine, thank you Grandma Lois!) hamsters. When we got them back in December we all figured that Nati would not be so interested and Meagan would love them. Turns out that Meagan likes them enough, but Natalie is in love. She carries them around in a basket all over the house and gave them new names that mean something just to her.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: