Sunday, February 21, 2010

Thoughts on today

Today was my sweet little boy's baby naming. Normally, Jewish families with boys do a bris, but that is not my thing. Today's ceremony was lovely. We had the cantor at Temple Emanuel in Houston bless Matthew and Andy's parents threw a great party. My parents also had a nice dinner the night before for our many family members who came into town from Detroit. I am very blessed in this department; people always say at weddings that two families are coming together, but they don't mean it. In our family, it is really very true. I honestly feel that we have just one big family. I was also happy that some special friends such as Andy's two best friends from high school, my friend Matt, and my wonderful friend Leah were able to be there. I missed my brother and Kaplans, but we all have gotten together for other events recently.
Matthew behaved well during the ceremony. As a whole, so did the girls. They were in seventh heaven playing with their second cousin Emily. They even had a sleepover with her at Sandi and Bob's house. It was Emily's first sleepover and she did great!
I am thirty-five years old today. That is old.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is NOT old. It is a baby age. Now, 60, that IS old. How'd THAT happen